A web directory or link directory is a directory on the World Wide Web. A collection of data organized keen on categories. It specializes in connecting to other web sites and categorizing those links.
A web directory is not a search train and does not show lists of web pages based on keywords; instead, it lists web sites by category and subcategory. Most mesh directory entries are also not found by web crawlers but by humans. The categorization is usually based on the entire web location rather than one page otherwise a pan of keywords, and sites are often limited to inclusion in only a few categories. Mesh directories often allow site owners to submit their site for inclusion, and have editors review submissions for health.
- Range of listing
Most of the directories are general in scope and list websites across a wide variety of categories, regions with languages. But a number of niche directories focus on restricted regions, solitary languages, or expert sectors. One type of place directory with a large number of sites in existence is the shopping index. Shopping book specialize in the listing of retail e-commerce sites.
Directories have various features in catalog, frequently depending upon the price paid for inclusion:
- Free submission – there is no charge for the appraisal and catalog of the site
- Reciprocal connection – a link back to the directory must be added somewhere on the submitted place in order to get listed in the directory
- No Mutual link – a web directory where you will submit your family members for free plus no require to add link back to your website
- Paid submission – a one-time or recurring fee is emotional for reviewing/listing the submitted relation
- Rejection follow – there is a rel=”nofollow” attribute associated by means of the link, sense search engines will give no weight to the link
- Featured listing – the link is given a premium position in a group (or multiple categories) otherwise other sections of the directory, such as the homepage. Sometimes called sponsored catalog.
- Offer for position – anywhere sites are ordered based on bids
- Affiliate links – where the directory earns charge for referred customers from the listed websites.
- Human-edited directories
A human-edited directory is shaped along with maintained by editors who add links based on the policies particular to that directory. Human-edited directories are often under attack by SEOs on the basis that links from reputable sources will improve rankings in the main search engines. A number of directories may prevent search engines from rating a displayed link by using redirect, no follow attributes, and otherwise other techniques.
- Bid for Position directories
Bid for Position directories, also known as request web directories are paid-for-inclusion web directories where the listings of websites in the directory are ordered according to their bid quantity. They are particular in that the more a person pays the higher up the list of websites in the directory they leave. With the higher catalog, the website becomes more visible and increases the chances that company who browse the directory determination click on the listing.