Are you concerned about the quality of city of medford new homes? How do you know for sure that you are not setting yourself up for failure in getting a construction company to build you a new home?
There are some tangible signs you can look out for to help establish the construction quality of the building project being undertaken. Please take into consideration the follow and don’t make the same mistakes
Checking the construction quality is after all the most important decision you can make before you contemplate buying the house. There are methods to ensure the development process is above board.
Field visits, speaking to brokers, consulting, and even getting a second opinion from other contractors are just some of the ways you can be sure there aren’t any structural defects. As you can imagine, prospective buyers are concerned about being caught out. The last thing they need is to fork out additional monies to take care of maintenance and costly repairs. Besides, the longevity of a house in Medford will help to attract better rental returns in the case of investors.
Through adhering to norms that were prescribed for sound construction quality, building contractors have a way to strengthen their reputation in the real estate market. On the other hand, faulty construction that resulted in the violation of all sorts of building codes, makes certain building structures are susceptible to safety and structural malfunctions.
One of the main issues is that new home buyers are not entirely aware of the various building standards being set for construction. Think about it for a moment. It is very hard for the man in the street who have no idea of architecture or civil engineering to check the soundness of a building’s structural design.
What Do You Need to Look Out for When Checking the Construction Quality
Here are some potential loopholes and signs you may want to look out for:
- The exterior of the building – At the time of visiting the site where the home is being constructed it is important to check for any possible cracks in the structure as it would be an indication of a weak foundation. Even minor cracks might show that
inferior quality building materials were used
- Concrete mix used – Reputed builders will perform a particular technique to prove that top quality cement was used to construct the walls. What they will do is drive a nail into the wall. If it goes in easily, then it shows the quality of the concrete is not up to scratch
- The quality of paint – New homeowners will do themselves a favor determining the quality of the paint used on the walls of the new building. They wouldn’t want to repaint the house anytime soon. Besides, good paint and wood finishes enhance the value of the new home
- Fixtures and Fittings – Bathroom and kitchen fixtures like showers and taps should all be in excellent working order. What is more, the floor of the kitchen or bathroom needs to be even. Also, tiles in the kitchen area serve as an excellent measuring tool as to the overall quality of the work in progress.
- The quality of additional facilities – Common areas of the building in the case of a block of apartments. For instance, the lifts being used should be reputable brands. Alarm bells should ring when you do not recognize the brand names of the lifts being installed.
In general, the availability of sufficient landscaping and open areas in a building project serve as a useful indicator of the construction quality of the site. Also, a lot of green space is very reassuring and will strengthen your belief that a good job will be done. It is not a case of the construction company merely paying attention to every last inch they can squeeze out for the work in progress. Rather, the building construction company is offering the prospective buyer with more options with regards to the layout of the property, the house itself and the full utilization of any de-congested space.
This is where better built Construction set themselves apart from other Medford construction companies. They ensure you get what you want without spending too much money from the word go until the building project has been completed. Why not get in touch with them today by calling 541.301.7098 today.